£1.8 million Grant Funding is available until 2020 from the Essex Rivers LEADER European Programme. The eligible area includes rural parts of Brentwood, Colchester, Chelmsford, Braintree, Rochford and Maldon local authority areas.
To find out if your business is in the Essex Rivers area and for further information on the grant support available please go to www.essexrivers.co.uk
The programme supports projects that will:
- Grow rural small and micro businesses to create employment
- Develop the rural tourism offer
- Develop the market for added value local food and drink
- Build on the area’s high quality and diverse natural assets to promote visitor spend in the economy
- Develop a clear identity for the rural assets of the area to attract visitors and investment.
LEADER will fund farmers, foresters, smallholders, rural businesses (micro and small) and rural communities with the aim of creating jobs and developing rural businesses.
Your project should have a total value of not less than £25,000 and could be eligible for grant funding of up to 40% of the total project value. The minimum grant available is £10,000 and the maximum £100,000.
All funding decisions will be made by the Local Action Group, made up of local business people and community representatives. This is a competitive bidding process and only those applications which receive the highest scoring will be awarded funding.
If you have a project idea, please discuss it with Beverly Davies at Essex Rural Community Council. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone 01376 574330.