Brentwood Borough Council is preparing a new Local Plan for the Borough which, once adopted, will supersede saved policies in the current Replacement Local Plan (2005).
The new Local Plan will cover a 15-year period between 2015 and 2030. The Plan sets out polices, proposals and site allocations to guide future development in the Borough. It will enable the Council to manage growth while protecting key areas. Among other things, the Plan will include policies to deliver:
- Housing and economic growth requirements;
- Retail, leisure and other commercial development;
- Infrastructure for transport and utilities (such as energy, telecoms, and water);
- Local community facilities (such as local shops, schools and healthcare);
- Conservation and protection of the natural and historic environment; and
- Climate change and provision of renewable energy.