The Brentwood Borough Renaissance Group is a non-statutory body of the Brentwood Borough Council under approved terms of reference.
In partnership with the business community, the Brentwood Borough Renaissance Group consults and delivers improvements to fulfil Brentwood Borough Council’s vision for the Town Centres, the visitor economy and shopping centres throughout the Borough as well as the rural business areas. The aim is to maximise footfall, the visitor economy, economic growth and maintain and improve customer satisfaction.
The Group acts as an active vehicle in shaping the trade related vision of the Brentwood Borough Council by feeding back collective views of businesses and Local Trade Clusters.
From time to time the Brentwood Borough Renaissance Group undertakes environmental/street audits to identify:
- Trade and footfall inhibitors;
- Matters of health and safety;
- Pavement and trading area tidiness;
- Improvements that could be made to enforcement; e.g.
- Street weight limits;
- A board policy;
- Pavement and road conditions, etc.
The Brentwood Borough Renaissance Group, as an independent non-statutory organisation, is free of political influence. Please refer to the Group’s terms of reference for more information.
The aim of the Brentwood Borough Renaissance Group is to influence and help shape the vision for the Borough’s town centres, shopping areas and other shopping parades which include the visitor economy and footfall issues. The Group is charged to provide leadership for achievement of this vision and for delivering a range of improvements to enhance the Borough’s trading environment.
The members of the Brentwood Borough Renaissance Group shall comprise of independent organisations, individuals, public sector organisations and local businesses including the following:
- Independent Chairperson
- Independent Vice Chairperson
- Brentwood Chamber of Commerce
- The Federation of Small Businesses
- Representatives from Local Trade Clusters
- A Media Manager
- The Leaders or their nominated members from the Brentwood Borough Council parties with a lead spokesperson for this remit
- A representative from Essex County Council
Agendas and meeting minutes will be available in the public domain.